Candies are a very big symbol of celebration. They are shared during most religious holidays and most people will admit that peppermint is their favorite flavors of candy. Its amazing taste and texture makes the experience even more worth it.
Sometimes, you might have a recipe that requires melted candies, and you wonder how to melt peppermint candy in microwave.
Albeit slightly complicated, it’s quite easy to do once you get the hang of it.
Peppermint candies can be melted easily in a microwave by laying them on a baking sheet in your oven tray then regulating the microwave temperature to medium.
Within a couple of minutes, your peppermint candy will be ready to be used. This article will discuss the best way to go about melting your candies and how best to store them after melting in a microwave.
How to Melt Peppermint Candy in Microwave
Things you Need
- Peppermint candies
- A chopping board and rolling pin
- A microwave-safe bowl
- A spoon
1. Crush the Peppermint Candies
- Place a peppermint candy on the chopping board, gently use the rolling pin to break into smaller bits
- Repeat this process for as many peppermint candies you need to melt. This is done to ensure that the candies melt very easily in the microwave
- Pack the chunks of candy into a Ziploc bag
- On the other hand, you can crush the peppermint candy in the zip lock bag. When you are crushing the candies, they might not stay on the chopping board, if you don’t use a bag.
- If you want to avoid the peppermint candy splashing all over the place, crush the peppermint candies in the zip lock bag using the rolling pin.
2. Put in the Microwave
- Get a microwave-safe bowl and pour in a small batch of peppermint candy. Add 1-2 tablespoons of corn syrup
- Set the microwave at low heat and put the bowl in the microwave.
- Set the timer to 30 seconds and watch.
- When the timer goes off, take out the bowl and stir the candy. This is to keep the heat in candies evenly distributed.
- Put back in the microwave oven for another 30 seconds.
3. Repeat the Process
Repeat this process until the candies are thoroughly melted.
- Crush your peppermint candies using either a ziplock bag and a rolling pin or just the rolling pin.
- Lay the candies on a baking sheet and put in the microwave oven at low heat,
- Set the timer to 1 minute and check if it is totally melted, if not repeat the process
- Take out of the oven immediately it is thoroughly melted
Read more: How to Heat Milk in the Microwave
How to Melt Peppermint Candies into Shapes
Peppermint candies can be used to make a variety of dishes. They can also be used to prepare ornaments and decorations for dishes and Christmas trees.
What you Need
- To make your peppermint candies into shapes, you need
- Cookie cutters for the shapes you want
- A baking sheet
- An oven tray
- Some peppermint candies
- Lay the baking sheet on the oven tray
- Put the fondant cutters on the baking tray. Line the cookie cutters with some oil or butter. This is to ensure that the peppermint candies do not stick to the cookie cutter.
- Put the peppermint candies inside the cutters, make sure they don’t overlap or you will have unevenly heated candies
- Turn on the microwave oven
- Put the baking sheet in and wait for the peppermint candies to melt
- When they’re thoroughly melted, take them out. They might overflow a little on the side but you only need to cut the overflowed part away
- Your peppermint candied ornaments are ready and perfect for use.
How to Heat Peppermint Candies in the Shape of a Tray
- Melting your peppermint candy into a tray is quite easy,
- Simply get a tray shaped like the candy you want
- Put the candies on the tray, spread them out properly so no one is on top of the other
- Put in the microwave oven and heat for 2 minutes, check if its properly melted, if not, heat for an extra minute.
- Wait for your candy tray to cool for a bit and take it out
- It is finally ready for use.
Read more: How Long To Microwave Pizza Bagels
Things to Avoid when Melting your Peppermint Candies in the Microwave Oven
Only keep the candies in the microwave long enough to melt the candies. You don’t want your peppermint candies bubbling up and running over the cookie cutter
Ensure that the microwave is properly regulated or you may end up burning your candies
Don’t Use Multiple Types of Peppermint Candies
Put only one type or flavor of peppermint candies in a batch. This is to ensure that all candies melt at the same pace and to avoid damaging the purpose for which you want to use them.
Do not store in the freezer, keep stored at room temperature at all times that it is not in use
Store in a dry place and do not handle or move them too much
Don’t lay the peppermint candies on each other while you heat, this is to avoid the candies getting heated at different temperature or paces
Take Out the Candies
Once the candies aren’t too hot, take them out of the cookies or fondant cutters. Otherwise, they get stuck and you might not be able to get them out without breaking them.
Don’t leave them for too long without use or they might get ruined.
In this article, We learned about how to heat peppermint candy in microwave and tips for getting the perfectly heated peppermint candies.
There is a wide range of recipes for peppermint candies. This bag of sweetness can be enjoyed at any time of the day without stress.
Just ensure to keep safe by not handling the fresh out of the oven candies with your naked hand.
This is to avoid scalding yourself and you’re on the way to making a perfectly safe batch of peppermint candies to enjoy with friends and family all year round.
1. Can you melt peppermints in the microwave?
As previously stated, peppermints can be melted in the microwave. These peppermint decorations, also known as editable eats, are effortless to create. The procedure is as follows: melt the peppermint for a minute in a microwave-safe bowl. Peppermint burns quickly, so if you microwave it for two minutes, you'll get a nice BROWN mixture that is entirely worthless.
2. How do you melt peppermint candy into liquid?
These are the procedure for melting peppermint candy into liquid.
1. Using a rolling pin, crush your peppermint candies into small pieces.
2. In a saucepan or double boiler, combine the crushed peppermints.
3. Reduce to a low or medium heat setting on your stovetop.
4. As the peppermints melt, stir them.
5. When the candy has melted to a liquid, remove the pan from the heat.
3. How do you melt peppermint candy into shapes?
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat the insides of metal cookie cutters with nonstick cooking spray and arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Arrange peppermint candies inside the cutters (breaking them apart for smaller cutters); there should be space between the candies. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the candies have melted.
4. Can I Melt candy canes in the microwave?
Yes, you can microwave candy canes. Simply place your candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on 50% power for 1 minute. Infuse. While the candy melts may not appear to be completely melted at this point, stir them anyway.
5. What temperature does peppermint melt?
Peppermint can be melted in the microwave at 360 degrees. The following are the steps.
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 2: Line your pan with parchment paper or a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Step 3: Arrange unwrapped mints in any pattern you desire on top of the parchment paper, leaving extra space on the sides to allow for melting and spreading.
Step 4: Preheat oven to 375°F and bake for approximately 5-8 minutes.